Friday, June 10, 2011

Card Creation with a Twist

Something happens to me when my "to do" list is really long: the brain goes into creative mode and an outlet is the only way to appease it. So, all the to-dos are forgotten and I enter my craft corner. Now, all I do is greeting cards. I use the same materials that scrapbookers use on their pages.

Don't tell my husband, but I went shopping yesterday at my favorite store and bought some more "tools" to introduce to my card making toolkit (could this be what kicked me into creative mode: the desire to use what I bought?). The perfect use for what was purchased was a friend's birthday coming up on the 16th. While one of my cards in the stash could be used, it would be more fun to do it with new "stuff". The materials marked with an asterisk are new in this list.

Materials:
Patterned Card Stock (cut to make 5 x 7 card)
Cream card stock
Gross grain ribbon and lace edging from Jo Ann's
Hero Arts Stamp (have a fabulous birthday)
*Elizabeth Craft Peel-off sticker (cupcake)
*Opaque Jewel Glitter Ritz
Stamp n Stuff Embossing powder (Stampendous)
Powder Puffs ink (pink cheeks) (Quick Quotes)
*Be Creative Tape
*Copic alcohol-based markers
*Floral Embellishments (Recollections)

The real work in the front of this card is the cupcake which combines the sticker, the tape, the glitter and the markers - all new to me so I will concentrate here. The cupcake had to be done twice-the first was ruined in trying to apply it to the card stock.

There is a trick! Step 1: cut the card stock to the desired size for the sticker. Step 2: cut the Be Creative Tape to fit the card stock (step 1). Step 3: apply one side of the tape to the card stock. Step 4: Peel off the desired sticker and place non-sticky side down on work surface. Step 5: Peel off second paper from Be Creative tape. Step 6: Take card stock and "kiss" the sticker with the sticky side.

Now, you will add the glitter to the side of the card stock with the sticker on it. The glitter will stick. Use your finger to "seal" the glitter to the Be Creative tape and the sticker. Use your Copic marker to color the cupcake. Voila!

Are you wondering where the twist is? I have never seen the inside of any hand made greeting card! So, here is the inside of this card. Note, that I always try to tie in the front of the card on the inside. In this case, there is glitter around the saying in the middle.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment