Friday, July 23, 2010

Perseverance Pays Off


For several months, since acquiring Photoshop, a desired effect to create on photos is the "drop shadow frame". This effect was used on every photo on the St. Paul's Episcopal Church website and when new photos needed to be added, the effect also needed to be added.

Try as I might, it could not be done! Now, I know my way around software and the keyboard, so another software product (Snagit) was used as a substitute until I could figure Photoshop out. This morning was the turning point - determined, I sat down to try once again (this was to be probably my tenth go-round).

Now, those of you who KNOW how to do it are probably laughing because it is easy, as I found out just now. Thanks to photographycorner.com I now know how to add the desired effect to photos.

So what made the difference? It must be that I set out to learn as opposed to an urgent need. Needless to say, I have a copy of the instructions in order to repeat the process on other work!

No comments:

Post a Comment